FIS has been working with its members to address the issues of providing clear digital evidence of compliance and competence through an initiative called the FIS Quality Framework: Product Process People (PPP)
Introducing the FIS Quality Framework: Product Process People (PPP)
Since the fire at Grenfell Tower and the interim report, FIS has been working with its members to address the issues of providing clear digital evidence of compliance and competence through an initiative called the FIS Quality Framework: Product Process People (PPP). This is a framework to evidence compliance by saving copies of test reports, product delivery notes and site images to show correct installation. Together with copies of the operatives’ CSCS cards with relevant training recorded in the same file, this will provide current evidence of competency.
Product: Keep records of the specification, test evidence, purchase orders and delivery notes
Process: Keep dated site images of the installation, especially elements that will be covered up in the final build
People: Record who installed the system using records from their CSCS cards and their relevant qualifications and training.
FIS Product, Process, People (PPP) Risk Management Tool
This tool has been created to help members embrace the thinking behind this quality framework and to encourage a culture of scrutinising risk in a structured way at the outset of a project. FIS will be reviewing this tool on a regular basis as a way of supporting members in unpicking the impact of the Grenfell Review process on their business. Members can download the FIS Product, Process, People Risk Management Tool via the link below
- FIS Best Practice Guides – FIS produce a range of Best Practice and Site Guides to support the sector, these are available here.
- FIS RACI Matrix – The RACI model is a straightforward tool used for identifying roles and responsibilities and avoiding confusion over those roles and responsibilities during a project.
- The FIS Acoustic Verification Scheme – In a bid to curb growing incidents of ‘passing off’ FIS has teamed up with Cundall Acoustics to develop an acoustic test certificate verification scheme. The scheme takes test data and reports and runs a series of checks to verify information is accurate and genuine.
- FIS Drylining Quality Checklist – This quality check list for drylining has been produced by members of the FIS drylining working group to help members assess risk during the project and provide a detailed quality check list throughout the installation process.
- FIS Technical Hub – Fire Safety
- Dame Judith Hackitt’s interim report: Independent Review of Building Regulations and Fire Safety
- Dame Judith Hackitt’s final report, Building a Safer Future: Independent Review of Building Regulations and Fire Safety
- Product Process People White Paper May 2018
- Independent Review of Building Regulations and Fire Safety and PPP
- Report on Edinburgh schools
- BRE Report – assessment of FD30S fire doors installed for Stoke-on-Trent cit council redacted
- BRE Photographic survey of Fire doors for Stoke Feb 2013 Redacted
- Closing the Gap Between Design and As-Built Performance Evidence Review Report