Since the fire at Grenfell Tower and the interim report, FIS has been working with its members to address the issues of providing clear digital evidence of compliance and competence through an initiative called the FIS Quality Framework: Product Process People (PPP). This is a framework to evidence compliance by saving copies of test reports, product delivery notes and site images to show correct installation. Together with copies of the operatives’ CSCS cards with relevant training recorded in the same file, this will provide current evidence of competency.
Product: Keep records of the specification, test evidence, purchase orders and delivery notes
Process: Keep dated site images of the installation, especially elements that will be covered up in the final build
People: Record who installed the system using records from their CSCS cards and their relevant qualifications and training.
Watch PPP Presentation here
FIS Product Process People (PPP) Risk Management Tool
This tool has been created to help members embrace the thinking behind this quality framework and to encourage a culture of scrutinising risk in a structured way at the outset of a project.
FIS will be reviewing this tool on a regular basis as a way of supporting members in unpicking the impact of the Grenfell Review process on their business.
Members can download the FIS Product Process People Risk Management Tool here – PPP-Risk Register_Sept_2019
- Dame Judith Hackitt’s interim report: Independent Review of Building Regulations and Fire Safety
- Dame Judith Hackitt’s final report, Building a Safer Future: Independent Review of Building Regulations and Fire Safety
- Product Process People White Paper May 2018
- Independent Review of Building Regulations and Fire Safety and PPP
- Report on Edinburgh schools
- BRE Report – assessment of FD30S fire doors installed for Stoke-on-Trent cit council redacted
- BRE Photographic survey of Fire doors for Stoke Feb 2013 Redacted
- Closing the Gap Between Design and As-Built Performance Evidence Review Report