FIS Board Elections
Without the commitment of members, FIS would not be a success. One of the key roles within the Association is that of a board member. Each year we seek both contractor and supplier members to join the Board.
Nominations have now closed and results will be declared at our AGM on Friday 5 November 2021, and Board involvement usually lasts for a minimum of two years.
Board members, as directors of FIS, formulate and develop the policy and strategic direction of the Association. They are expected to attend all of the four Board meetings held each year. They are also expected to support our main events including the FIS Awards Lunch (June) and Annual Conference and attend at least one of the Members’ Meetings. Board members may sometimes serve on subcommittees.
The role of FIS board member offers the following:
• A chance to influence the direction of the Association
• Experience in strategic management of a small but complex organisation
• An opportunity to share and extend your knowledge and experience of the finishes and interiors sector
• Excellent networking opportunities
• Extensive experience as a non-executive director
• The chance to go on to be FIS President (if you wish to stand)
In view of this important governing role, the FIS Board will seek commitment from the member company’s MD or chief executive that their representative, if elected to the FIS Board, would have their and their company’s full support. If you would like to discuss the role of FIS Board member, call Jane Knight at the FIS office on 0121 707 0077.
Download the profiles of the candidates standing for election. FIS members can cast their vote here (only one vote per member company)
Board member information
The roles and responsibilities of a Board member and the selection procedure and timeline.