Membership provides the tools for contractors to develop their business and demonstrate their professional excellence. It also provides a forum for members to exchange views and information in order to address issues specific to the interiors sector.
Become a member
FIS is a community of businesses and people in the finishes and interiors sector. By bringing people together through shared activities, events, products and services, we create conditions for our contractor and supplier members to improve performance and win work. Our mission is to set members up for success.
Full funding available to get your drylining operatives qualified to an NVQ Level 2 when you join FIS membership
FIS has a growing network and community of contractors, manufacturers and distributors
of ceilings, steel framing systems, partitions, operable walls, plastering, drylining and specialist interior fit- out and refurbishment businesses operating in every type of building.
Mark of Quality
FIS allows you to demonstrate your quality credentials to your clients. FIS members are:
- Regularly audited and compliant with the FIS Code of Conduct.
- Up-to-speed on key issues affecting them and are focused on quality.
- Supported through the PQQ pre-qualification tender process.
FIS promotes its members through an extensive outreach programme:
- Members are promoted to the construction sector via our online Member Directory Search (over 14,000 searches in 2018).
- SpecFinish magazine reaches an audience of 30,000 specifiers, installers and suppliers.
- Gain recognition as a top fit-out company in the UK through FIS Awards.
Fighting Your Corner
FIS is the voice of the finishes and interiors sector representing you:
Through our expertise, industry networks and influence we ensure our members’ interests are reflected in policy development, technical standards and building regulations.
- Fair payment in construction – we are working to help end cash retentions, unreasonable contractual clauses and unfair payment practices.
- Driving quality and standards – we help our members to improve safety, quality and embrace innovation in their businesses.
- Unravelling red tape – we help members to future proof their businesses, and prepare for industry and regulatory changes and uncertainty.
Managing Your Risks
FIS will help you to identify your risks and how to overcome them:
FIS unites manufacturers, distributors and contractors to develop industry led guidance and drive the market forward.
- Evidence compliance and competence by using our simple Product, Process, People (PPP) model.
- Access our Health and Safety Tool kit.
- Access our Contractual Tool kit (including a no win, no fee retention claims service).
FIS offers you access to independent and expert advice and knowledge:
- FIS can help you overcome obstacles, managing difficult clients and plan change.
- We publish expert client guides in office fit-out and refurbishment and acoustics, best practice guides in drylining, partitions, suspended ceilings, technical notes and a BIM toolbox for contractors.
- We have an extensive online knowledge hub, supported by a dedicated advisory service and helpline, including a technical team to answer your queries.
FIS brings the finishes and interiors community together through:
- FIS members events, regional meetings, webinars, and SpecFinish magazine.
- Regular specialist working groups in drylining, heritage plastering, operable walls, ceilings, partitions, digital construction, health and safety, steel framing systems and women in fit-out.
- We pursue constructive dialogue with clients, specifiers, main contractors and other key stakeholders.
FIS is providing the training and skills the sector needs:
- Our dedicated skills team works with a network of Approved Training Providers and FE colleges to attract new people to the sector and deliver a qualified and competent workforce.
- On average FIS members claiming grants, with the support of FIS, recoup 25% more return on their levy than non-members.
- We don’t just develop and help source training, we also help find a way to fund it.
Want to find out more about how FIS membership can help your business?
Membership provides the perfect platform for suppliers to interact with and support their customer base.
NOTE ABOUT MEMBERSHIP
FIS membership is not automatic, full membership is subject to strict vetting procedures and open to contractors and suppliers involved in commercial interior fit-out and building finishes. Most members are UK-based, but companies based outside the UK may also apply. There are two categories of Associate membership:
KickStart – KickStart members are often newly incorporated companies, joining as a KickStart member allows us to support you through the vetting process over your first 12 months.
Service Provider – Service Provider members provide services specifically tailored to the construction industry and in particular the finishes and interiors sector.
Click on the images above for more information about requirements or complete the form here to get one of our advisors to get in touch.