What information we collect about you
We collect and process personal data about you when you interact with us and our products and when you purchase goods and services from us. The personal data we process includes:
- your name
- your work or home address, email address and/or phone number
- your job title
- your areas of business interest
- your username and password
- information related to the browser or device you use to access our website;
- internet browser and operating system
- and/or any other information you provide
What we use your information for
We may store and use your personal information:
- To manage your account and process orders.
- To personalise our communications to you, our website and products or services for you, in accordance with our legitimate interests.
- To allow us to communicate with you and provide services appropriate to your needs.
- To improve our products and services and develop new ones.
- To monitor use of our websites and online service, to help us check, improve and protect our products, content, services and websites, both online and offline, in accordance with our legitimate interests.
- To ensure we meet our legal requirements.
Our legitimate interests include our legitimate business purposes and commercial interests in operating our business in a customer-focused, efficient and sustainable manner, in accordance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
Sharing your personal information
FIS will not share your information for marketing purposes.
We may share your personal data with third parties:
- our professional advisors such as our auditors and external legal and financial advisors
- marketing and communications agencies where they have agreed to process your personal data in line with this Privacy Notice
- market research companies
- our suppliers, business partners and sub-contractors
- search engine and web analytics
Using your personal data for marketing
We may send you information about products and services which may be of interest to you or the company you work for.
You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may opt-out of our marketing emails at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the end of our marketing emails.
However, if you tell us you don’t want to receive marketing communications, then you may not hear about events or other work we do that may be of interest to you.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us at the address below.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
If you are an employee of an FIS member company you can access and update the information FIS holds on you via the FIS website member login. If you do not already have an account email email@example.com
How long will we keep your personal data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
Processing outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
Keeping information about you secure is very important to us so we store and process your personal information in accordance with the high standards required under data protection legislation.
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers, in which case the third country’s data protection laws will have been approved as adequate by the European Commission or other applicable safeguards are in place. Further information may be obtained from our Privacy Team.
To find out more about how your personal information is protected when it is transferred outside the EEA please contact FIS using the details below.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
How to contact us
by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
by letter: Finishes and Interiors Sector Ltd, Unit 4, Olton Bridge, 245 Warwick Road, Solihull, B92 7AH