Ceilings Working Group
What is the FIS Ceilings Working Group?
The FIS Ceilings Working Group was formed to address issues that were common to those working in the ceilings sector.
Next meeting – 11 March 2020
What do we do?
Bringing the supply chain together to be a driving force for change and to set members up for success.
What are the issues that will need to be addressed?
- Improve quality and building safety
- Reducing waste
- Getting a fully qualified and competent workforce
- Updating standards
- Looking at alternative ways to improve the health and safety of operatives on site
- Focussing on innovation in the supply chain
The objectives of the group are to:
- Develop technical standards as required
- Promote best practice in the market
- Educate and inform clients and specifiers about drylining work
- Promote the products and skills of FIS members in this field
- Shape the market so that the correct standards are recognised and adhered to by all to the benefit of clients
- Develop relevant training and routes to demonstrate competency
- Monitor commercial and legal issues
The Chairman of the FIS Ceilings Working Group is Neil Miller of QIC Trims
This group is open to all members of the FIS.
FIS is also supporting a working group focussed on managing penetrations in buildings, for more information on this activity, contact the FIS team.
Previous meeting notes and actions - MEMBERS ONLY
Access the minutes of the last meeting by logging in