The Home Office has introduced a new immigration route, Global Business Mobility, to support companies expanding their presence in the UK. It includes a number of new visa options for foreign workers: Senior or Specialist Worker, Graduate Trainee, Secondment Worker, Service Supplier, and UK Expansion Worker. Companies will need a sponsor licence to provide a certificate of sponsorship for these new visas, but eligible foreign workers will not need to prove their knowledge of English when applying.

Most foreign workers in construction are likely to be ‘skilled workers’ and will require a Skilled Worker visa to work in an eligible occupation. The Build UK flowchart providing an overview of the process of employing a foreign worker, along with our detailed guidance on How to Get a Sponsor Licence and How to Apply for a Skilled Worker Visa, have been updated to reflect the latest requirements.