Building Mental Health (in association with the Lighthouse Club and CITB) has 16 free places available of the two-day MHFA courses being held in Bristol on 27/28 November and Birmingham on 4/5 December.
· Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
· Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
· Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
· Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
· A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
· A certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider
If you would like to attend, simply register your interest against your preferred date and venue on the link below. Spaces will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
For those not able to secure a free place, this two day course is eligible for £70 CITB grant.
Register now at www.buildingmentalhealth.net/mhfafree100.html
If you want to learn more about Mental Health First Aiders, there is also a specialist workshop running at the FIS Conference: Rethinking Construction
FIS also runs the #BuildersBrew campaign focussed on helping people to understand more about mental health issues