Following announcements from the Chancellor last week that funding for apprenticeship training would be increased to cover 95% of costs for non-Apprenticeship Levy payers, CITB has announced a significant increase in grants available to support the additional costs to the business from running an apprenticeship programme (remember the training is funded by the Sector Skills Council and CITB support is in addition).
CITB Apprenticeship Funding
CITB has outlined that from 1 April the following grants will be available:
- £2,500 attendance grant per year for every new eligible apprentice
- £3,500 achievement grant for every eligible apprentice
This is an overall funding increase from £10,250 to £14,500 for each apprentice an employer takes on – an increase of over 40% on existing rates.
Previously, a typical two-year apprenticeship package would have attracted grants of £6,000 and a typical three-year apprenticeship package would have attracted £10,250.
CITB Skills and Training Fund
In addition CITB has also extended the Skills and Training Fund, which provides an extra incentive to small employers to deliver construction training which align with CITB’s grant scheme. This funding also supports training interventions in management and leadership.
CITB-registered employers can apply for funding related to how many direct employees they have:
- Employers with 1 to 49 PAYE staff can receive up to £5,000.
- Employers with 50 to 74 PAYE staff can receive up to £7,500.
- Employers with 75 to 99 PAYE staff can receive up to £10,000.
This is a very flexible funding pot and CITB has confirmed that more than £100,000 of funding has been awarded to FIS members through its new and easy to apply for funding solution, with FIS members having a 90 per cent success rate when applying, based on prior applications.
To apply for skills and training funds, please read the guidance notes provided in the application form (PDF 226KB).
To complete and submit the form, you should:
- Download the application form and save it to your computer
- Complete all fields
- Ensure that you regularly save this application to your desktop to prevent loss of data
Save and send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are thinking about taking on an apprentice or have any questions about training or grant support, the FIS are only too happy to help, you can speak to our skills engagement team on 0121 707 0077 or email email@example.com
More on FIS Skills Activity:
- FIS BuildBack – recruit new workers in this dedicated programme to train and bring unemployed individuals into the drylining trade
- FIS BuildME – open your sites and offices for work experience opportunities (aimed at those doing FE courses associated with construction)
- FIS Apprenticeships – modern apprentices without the pain
- CSCS Card Support – working towards a fully competent and qualified workforce
Did you know (as a member) you can advertise any vacancies for free on FIS Jobspot