What is the FIS BuildME programme?
The FIS BuildME programme connects college learners with employers to provide them with two weeks work experience placements.
FIS developed BuildME in collaboration with the CITB and are working with a network of FIS Approved Training Providers, colleges and employers across the UK to bring opportunity to college learners.
The challenge of finding, training and retaining the next generation of construction workers is a pressing issue for our sector. CITB’s latest Construction Skills Network (CSN) report shows that the industry will need 36,000 new recruits per year from 2017 to 2021. In some specialist occupations the need for new workers remains acute, particularly wood trades and interior fit out. There is also the ongoing challenge of replacing an ageing workforce, which will become more pressing if Brexit stems the flow of mainly younger workers from abroad
Work experience has been proven to bring great benefits to both the student and employer and is a vital component to helping retain young, skilled learners and promote growth within the industry and for employers to have access to a pool of candidates that they can personally select and future-proof their organisations.
Construction is all about building better futures for all who operate within the sector whether it is building careers for college learners or working together to build a better, more sustainable sector or ensuring employer have the skilled resources they need to future-proof their businesses.
Why should a college learner join the BuildME programme?
Work experience is one of the most beneficial, interesting, and rewarding activities that you can undertake during your education. Almost two-thirds of employers prefer people with solid work experience when hiring, so this gives you a real advantage when applying for jobs.
Work experience will provide you with an opportunity to take the first step in the world of work and develop the people skills and practical experience of working in different functions, departments and trade areas within an organisation.
Why should an employer join the BuildME programme?
Join the BuildME programme and take on a college learner for work experience with confidence knowing that we do all the hard work so you can concentrate on developing your candidate:
* We take care of all the management and paperwork associated with taking on a learner.
* We vet and assess the suitability of every learner before introducing them to you.
* You will be allowed to meet and select the candidates you want to offer work experience to.
* There are no additional costs to you in providing work experience as your existing Employers Liability insurance will cover the learner.
Why should a college join the BuildME programme?
Connect your learners with employers for work experience. We take care of all the processes and management associated with taking on a learner for you and the employers.
* We vet and assess the suitability of every learner and employer before any introductions are made.
* There are no additional costs to you in providing suitable candidates to employers.
* Work experience can be spread over the calendar year to suit the employer and learner
* We will provide ongoing support for the duration of the programme.