This safety alert has been published by SCOSS the Standing committee on Structural safety who only send out this type of notice following an incident so its worth noting, especially where you are involved in installing glass as a barrier.
There is a lot to take in but in summary it covers.
- The correct use of glass in balustrades
- How to comply with BS6180:2011
- The danger of glass slip and how to avoid bad practice
- Installation awareness
- The importance of the BSI Kitemark for compliance
- The benefits of using proprietary/Standard systems.
Please ensure you share this with your teams,and do let us know if you need more clarity.
To download the full guidance note click here.