The Construction Products Association (CPA) has submitted its representation for the Spring Budget 2023. In its letter to the Chancellor of the Exchequer, the CPA offered some possible measures with both construction and manufacturing in mind. Its ‘asks’ ahead of the Budget are listed below and continue in further detail in the letter.
1. Housing – New Build, Repair, Maintenance and Improvement:
- Support for Struggling First Time Buyers
- Support for a National Retrofit Strategy
- Linking Stamp Duty to Energy Efficiency
- Funding for Local Planning Departments
- Embed an appreciation for the whole-life value of products
- Focus on repair and maintenance in the short-term
- Reaffirm the National Infrastructure and Construction Pipeline
3. Investment and UK Competitiveness
- Reform Business Rates and Investment Allowances
- A secure, low-carbon energy supply at a competitive price
- Secure technical skills for future green, digital jobs
We also urged the Government to engage with the CPA and the expertise within its membership on the delivery of its policy ambitions.