As part of its desire to increase engagement with business leaders across the sector, CLC is to launch an open recruitment competition to select four industry sponsors (one for each of our priority workstreams- below).
1. Building Safety
2. Net Zero and Biodiversity
3. People and Skills
4. Next Generation Delivery
Each sponsor will be asked to undertake the following, working closely with the CLC Co-Chair, Deputy Co-Chair, Workstream groups and BEIS officials:
1. Lead and oversee their respective workstream, working closely with various groups and sub-groups to develop and deliver the strategy to the agreed goals and timetable.
2. To act as industry spokesperson and champion for the relevant workstream to the sector, media and key stakeholders, working closely with the priority and sector industry leads.
3. To utilise their influence, personal and peer networks to support delivery of the priority, and effect change.
4. To offer constructive challenge to workstream leads, ensuring policy development addresses sector business requirements.
Prospective applicants are asked to submit their CV and a covering letter (maximum 500 words) setting out their relevant skills and experience together with which role they are applying for to Construction.Enquiries@beis.gov.uk by close Monday 7 November. Your application will be assessed by CLC/BEIS officials.
• 19 Oct: Applications open
• 14 Nov: Closing Date for applications
• w/c 21,28 November and 5 December: Interviews with short-listed applicants
• Early Dec: Successful candidates informed
• w/c 12 December: Successful candidates publicly announced
These roles are unpaid with appointments for a fixed-term basis of three years.
The time commitment for each role will include:
• Attending CLC monthly board meetings (1 hour)
• Policy engagement/communications (time to be agreed with the workstream lead)
• Chair workstream meetings and co-ordinate activities (4 hours per month)
If you have any further questions on the roles, please contact Stuart Young on Stuart.Young@beis.gov.uk