While the NCSC is not aware of any current specific threats to UK organisations in relation to events in and around Ukraine, the guidance encourages organisations to follow actionable steps that reduce the risk of being impacted by cyber attacks, including:
- patching systems;
- improving access controls and enabling multi-factor authentication;
- implementing an effective incident response plan;
- checking that backups and restore mechanisms are working;
- ensuring that online defences are working as expected, and;
- keeping up to date with the latest threat and mitigation information.
For further information visit: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/guidance/actions-to-take-when-the-cyber-threat-is-heightened where you will find the relevant advice, actions and resources.
FIS Business Risk Management Toolkit
The FIS Business Risk Management Tool has been updated to take account of the latest information and advice. The toolkit is a free resource available to FIS members. It provides a structured approach to understanding risk and reducing uncertainty.