We are delighted to announce the launch of a new service for FIS members in 2022. FIS have partnered with Digital Construction Skills (DCS) to give you free access to the Digital Construction Helpline. This service is FREE TO FIS MEMBERS. There are no forms to fill in, simply book a 15, 30 or 60 minute call with a digital construction specialist who can help you:
- Get started on your digital journey
- Address a specific problem or challenge you are facing in your business
- Identify the funding and support available to help you on your digital journey
- Narrow down the technologies which could most benefit your business
- Select the right digital tools based on your needs, budget and specific circumstances.
- Identify skills gaps which are holding back digital progress in your business
This service is aimed at business owners, directors or senior managers with responsibility for business improvement or digital change in your company. The DCS digital construction specialists have recent, real-world experience on the front line of the construction industry and are specialists in the technical and commercial aspects of digital construction including digitalising information flow as well as physical elements such as 3D models and reality capture – they are supported by CITB funding. This service is ideal for you if any of the following apply to you:
- You haven’t yet explored how digital tools can help you, but know there is room for improvement in your business
- You have identified where you could improve your processes or activities using digital solutions and are ready to get started
- You have already started selecting or implementing digital tools but have hit challenges or simply stalled
- You would like to increase your profitability, grow your business or tender for bigger jobs
- You would like to access other funding and support available which can help you with digital enablement
Here’s what others have said about the support they have received:
“Digital Construction Skills helped us access funding to help us train our staff in a new digital platform we are rolling out across our business.” – Andy Dalrymple, Managing Director, Mackenzie Construction
“Within our first session with Digital Construction Skills, we identified the types of digital tools which could help us save time and money and ruled out the ones that weren’t relevant to us.” – Keith Burrell, CEO, Procladd (Scotland) Ltd
Commenting on the new service FIS CEO, Iain McIlwee stated:
“It is great to partner with DCS to support the work of our Digital Construction Working Group. This is an area we know we are lagging a bit relative to other parts of the economy and where massive opportunity is mirrored by often impenetrable language. Our starting point is looking at the tools we can use to help improve productivity, but also helping to improve relationships, information exchange and deliver against the requirements of the Golden Thread. As well as the introduction of the new helpline and mentoring service, the programme this year will see a number regular workshops, built on successful integration of technology within businesses in our community. These workshops and structured feedback through the helpline will help us to sections of our Digital Spine concept and ensure we are supporting transformation in our sector, but more importantly to help individual businesses to make the right decisions about embracing digital technology in their business.”
You can secure your space on the next interactive online workshop (focussed on Cost Management Software) here.
You can access the FIS Digital Spine here.