The site guides are intended to help main contactors, designers and project managers that you are working with to understand the terminology, descriptors and different ceiling systems used, and the process of delivery, handling, planning the installation, as well as understanding the site conditions, the plant and access equipment needed. It also highlights the key health and safety points and requirements from the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM).
The guide sits alongside our other best practice guides that relate to ceilings:
- Installation of suspended ceilings
- Selection and installation of top fixings for suspended ceilings
- Maintenance and access into suspended ceilings
- Recommendations for the Safe Ingress of Plasterboard
- Health and safety handbook
- And the new specifiers guide to suspended ceilings which will be available spring 2021
These guides work well when they are included in proposals and project plans to demonstrate how you will approach a project, they are also good differentiators when you find yourself in competition with non-members and are an excellent introduction to new members of the team and any trainees and apprentices.
The next online meeting of the Ceilings and Absorbers working group will be held on 2 March. To register please follow this link, or call Joe Cilia on 07795 958 780 if you have any questions.