T Levels are central to the Government’s plans to improve technical and vocational education and address the skills gap. With content designed by more than 250 employers, these new high-quality technical qualifications follow GCSEs and will deliver a pipeline of young people with the skills, knowledge and workplace experience that businesses need. These rigorous two-year courses are based on the world’s best technical education systems and combine classroom learning with a substantial industry placement. Each T Level is equivalent to three A-Levels and attracts UCAS points offering graduates the opportunity of moving into a job, an apprenticeship or continuing to further study. The industry placement, lasting at least 45 days, is unique to T Levels and allows students to put the knowledge and skills they have learned into practice. It is also an opportunity to try out their chosen industry and gain experience in the workplace. For employers, they offer the chance to bring in fresh ideas and to spot and nurture early talent.
For more information please see:
- T Level video: aimed primarily at students and parents
- New T Level website with sections for both employers, students and parents:
- Introduction of T Levels page on gov.uk
The following T’Levels may be of interest to FIS members:
- design, surveying and planning for construction (now available)
- onsite construction (starting September 2021)
- building services engineering for construction (starting September 2021)
- design and development for engineering and manufacturing
- human resources
- maintenance, installation and repair for engineering and manufacturing
- management and administration
- engineering, manufacturing, processing and control
It’s about competency… To find out more about the work FIS is doing to support competency and recruitment, to find a supplier of quality training or to identify funding that can support your plans, visit our skills hubs here.