The FIS Training Group has secured funding to supplement the cost of training courses completed by FIS employer members. This FIS Supplement is in addition to the CITB GET code grant you claim from CITB for short duration courses. Organisations are eligible for this FIS Supplement if the training undertaken is not on their CITB Skills and Training Fund Plan.
FIS Skills and Training Lead, George Swann, states “This is good news for the training group and our community as it enables members to access additional funding of up to £1,000 to cover a wide array of training, from generic health and safety through to specialist courses such as spray plastering, deflection heads or fire door inspection. If you wish to make use of this supplementary funding we advise you to get in touch with FIS asap as it is a limited pot.”
Application for this supplementary funding is straightforward and will be based on quarterly caps. It will be administered on a first come first served basis. To claim an applicant will simply need to send your invoice to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0121 707 0077, FIS will review in line with availability and the set CITB criteria. If the claim meets the requirements of the supplement and the cap has not been reached we will arrange a refund of 50% of the course costs up to a maximum value of £250 per delegate, £1,000 per company per year, less the Tier GET code grant claimed from CITB.
See the full terms and conditions below.
For a full list of the CITB Training Standards please see: CITB training standards
CITB GET Fund FIS Supplement Terms and Conditions:
- An FIS supplement can only be paid to organisations ‘in scope’ to CITB and up to date with levy payments.
- The supplement is primarily for micro and small organisations no more than 25% of the total fund can be paid to large organisations (100 or more employees).
- Non Grant Eligible training is not covered by this supplement.
- The supplement cannot be used for Grant Eligible training that is already included on an individual employer contracted CITB Skills and Training allocation.
- Training must have taken place between 01 August 2020 and 31 March 2021 and have been completed before applying.
- Training must have been completed by delegates who are currently employed by or are NET (taxed) Construction Industry Scheme (CIS) sub-contractors of CITB registered employers.
- Invoices supplied must show the full costs of the training which have been carried out including CITB registration number, Training Provider, course name, CITB GET code, Tier value, date of completion, number of delegates, course cost and VAT.
- Successful applications will be notified within 25 working days.
- Payments will be made in the first week of October 2020, first week of December 2020 and first week of March 2021.
Funding is limited so cannot be guaranteed.
FIS are currently surveying members to identify the GET Code training courses in most demand. If your organisation uses CITB short duration courses, please complete this survey
FIS is happy to review and support all of your funding claims through our one to one Skills and Funding Clinics (remember at this time you can still claim CITB Grants for courses undertaken completed in 2019 up until end November 2020 – our Skills clinics will help you to identify and process these claims). This is a service freely available to members through the booking form here. Members are also strongly advised to apply for the CITB Skills and Training Fund 2020 which can allow organisations to claim up to £25,000 to support their training needs.