The Health and Safety and Environmental Manuals are produced using experts from across the industry, who give their time to producing leading sector publications on health and safety, and environmental issues. With the support of Build UK and it’s Trade Association members the Manuals aim to be the first port of call as to what good health and safety and sustainability in construction looks like, and FIS members now get 30% discount off all formats of the Manuals.
The Hardcopy/CDROM manual is updated twice a year, and the online version CIP Knowledge continuously, to ensure it provides the latest policy and best practice. In the latest version, we have:
• Setting Up on Site – a new Section of the Manual has been introduced to identify a number of the issues that need to be considered in order to minimise the environmental impact of the site establishment phase of a project.
• Nuisance – the guidance on the registration and GHG emission limits of Non-Road Mobile Machinery within London is updated together with advice on the recognition of engine type approvals. Guidance on the avoidance of vandalism on sites is included.
• A completely updated Temporary Works section following the release of BS5975:2019 in 2019.
• Updated Piling and Electricity sections
• A new draft drugs and alcohol policy and completely redrafted guidance.
• A new legal register providing a summary of why a particular Act or Regulation is relevant to your business.
Hardcopies and CDROM/USB versions can be purchased here and the online version at www.cip-knowledge.com. Free one month no obligation trials are available on the online version you just need to register. To ensure you get your 30% discount please use the Promotional Code BUILDUK.