The must have Construction Contractual Handbook for everyone involved in Construction – 10% discount for FIS members.
For everyone involved in construction, navigating the contractual landscape can be time consuming and difficult. Essential information to help anyone involved in construction contract matters can now be found in the Construction Contractual Handbook. This Handbook is a must have whether you are an employer, developer, project manager, architect, engineer (structural, civil, M&E and others), surveyor (all types), facilities manager, main contractor, subcontractor (all types including specialists), barrister, solicitor, claims consultant, broker, insurer or anyone else involved in construction. It guides parties to make sound judgements, avoid disputes, and run projects on a safer basis. It is also useful for those studying for construction related education qualifications.
Simon Bingham, Chairman of Caunton Engineering Ltd and chairman of British Constructional Steelwork Association’s (BCSA’s) Commercial and Contracts Committee said: ‘As a specialist subcontractor, Caunton Engineering Ltd needs to be aware of unilateral and difficult to spot changes to contracts, and make sure that we remain vigilant throughout the duration of the contract. The Construction Contractual Handbook will be an extremely useful tool for our commercial team.’
The Construction Contractual Handbook is an essential tool which sets out the law and contracts in a compact, easy to follow and accessible way.
- Includes a reminder about the formation of a contract.
- Contains a chapter explaining some of the most common onerous clauses or changes that subcontractors, main contractors, architects, surveyors and employers might come across.
- Addresses the need to maintain vigilance throughout the duration of the contract, ensuring certificates are issued at the right time, variations and any disputes are properly managed and claims procedures are followed.
- Advises on which contracts to use and includes guidance on the JCT, NEC, DOMs, CECA and the Infrastructure Conditions of Contract.
- Includes chapters on Insurance, Insolvency, Bonds and Guarantees, Termination and Competition Law.
- Includes chapters on Scottish and Irish law.
- Contains useful checklists as a reminder.
The Construction Contractual Handbook is now available for purchase from the Construction Industry Publications (CIP) Bookshop and is priced at £90. https://www.cip-books.com/product/construction-contractual-handbook-5th-edition . To claim your 10% FIS discount use the promotional code FIS when checking out.
CIP offer FIS members 10% discount off a range of their publications from Accident Books to specialised legal contracts using the discount code FIS. Click here for details https://www.cip-books.com/category/fis-range