The Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) published the first output from the Industry Response Group (IRG) on 11 December. It not only contains guidance for owners of high-rise buildings on what to do where the building is clad with Aluminium Cladding Material (ACM) but also provides guidance on compartmentation.
The Information Note is intended to assist building owners in assessing what measures they should consider taking to make their buildings safe. It contains a flowchart to guide building owners through the process of remediation and further information on the following:
- identifying and testing aluminium composite material (ACM) cladding systems
- checking broader fire safety of buildings
- progressing remedial works and maintenance
- durability and safety considerations if cladding has been removed
- professional advisors and where to find them
- building regulations and planning
- procurement of building work
The Industry Response Group consists of members from the Construction Industry Council, Build UK and the Construction Products Association; FIS is contributing to the CPA group.