THIS IS ME – I am a Go Construct STEM Ambassadorvirtual training for construction industry volunteers
Date: 9 February 2023
Time: 12:00 – 13:00
This is Me – I am a Go Construct STEM Ambassador is a fantastic initiative created by STEMFirst, the STEM Ambassador Hub for Lancashire and Cumbria, and endorsed across the UK by STEM Learning.
- Our amazing STEM Ambassadors have wonderful, inspirational stories to tell, however often struggle to know what schools want/how they can support young people.
- Teachers want STEM Ambassador support however ask us, who are the STEM Ambassadors and what can they do / which STEM fields are they from?
Via a 1 hour virtual training session, STEMFirst take STEM Ambassadors through how to prepare a simple, impactful and memorable two slide presentation to showcase who they are as a STEM Ambassador. This resource is personal to YOU, and once prepared will save you time, help develop your confidence and ability to get active , and can be used again and again.
STEMFirst will take you through slide content, key components for a punchy two minute talk and how to talk about yourself in a simple, impactful way. We will show you how you can easily get STEM-active and showcase your own story. We will then illustrate how to ‘OFFER’ these talks via the STEM Ambassador website and highlight why this is such a step change to the way previous STEM Ambassador support has been requested by schools and youth organisations.
The session will also:
- Showcase construction specific examples of other STEM Ambassadors ‘This is Me’ presentations
- Highlight how to use This is Me to support various STEM/Construction activity
- Give you chance to hear from other STEM Ambassadors who have put together this own ‘This is Me’ talks and used them
- Ask questions