The Circular Economy – A Great Example at Mazars
Mazars reused our existing glass partitioning systems which had been installed for the previous tenant in their new design, taking full advantage of our Reuse Service. The systems were in perfect working condition with only a few minor blemishes, offering the perfect circular solution. We successfully reused 60% of the existing Optima products across their office. Our products were safely demounted, examined and catalogued to identify which components were fit to re-join the circular economy and which were segregated for the appropriate recycling. From here we formed an action plan where our design team incorporated the reusable products into Mazars’ design. During the takedown we also managed to save on average 60% of the framework, enhancing the sustainability of the project further. Storing our systems on-site not only kept lead times to a minimum but also eliminated any emissions associated with re-manufacture and transportation. Reusing our products offered many environmental benefits from reduced greenhouse gas emissions to lower material resource depletion and pollution, enhancing the overall environmental performance of the project. We are proud to say that 92% of the waste from this site was recycled using the innovative recycling bag we brought to site with all deliveries.
Scope of Works
• Expert team conduct a site survey to assess feasibility of reuse
• A glass schedule is then created, including a full inspection of each panel, labelling and identifying any possible issues
• Trackwork will also be inspected for any structural damage or aesthetic blemishes
• Next, we establish which products are fit for reuse and which will be separated for the appropriate recycling and an action plan is created
• Design team begins to incorporate the reusable products into the client’s new design reintegrating them back into the material supply chain
• Installations team demount existing Optima products and conduct final assessment of the product quality
• Slight touch-ups are made to any minor blemishes on the framework
• Products stored on-site to await re-install
• Final stage is reusable glass partitioning systems are reinstalled as part of the new design.