Edinburgh St James Quarter is a major retail led mixed use city centre regeneration scheme located in a World Heritage site.
The concept is for a retail circuit that engages with the three natural levels of the site, and improves the quality and quantity of Edinburgh’s retail offer. The upper levels contain a number of different uses including homes, leisure and restaurants to create a vibrant and sustainable new city quarter.
Linear Projects have been involved with this project from as far back as 2015 aiding with cost planning and design.
Ultimately we were involved in a multitude of packages including;
• Architectural Metalwork –
o Bailey pre-formed, perforated, powder coated panels to the mall area.
o Preformed lighting troughs interfacing between mall panelling and Sto acoustic ceiling.
• Sto Silent A-Tec Alu acoustic board with spray finish to the mall area.
• Washroom Fit Outs – Full fit out, excluding M&E. IPS, furniture, bespoke corian worktops, tiling, ceilings, mirrors, decoration.
• HV Cable Enclosure – We were responsible for the design and installation of this Kemwell two hour fire protection system to the HV cables feeding the centre.
• Insulation and Airtightness measures to the internal face of Laing O’Rourke’s pre-cast concrete panel system.
• Dry Lining – This package was taken on as Contractor Design with onerous performance deflection, robustness, fire and acoustic requirements. Curved Glassroc with ceiling shadow trims.
• Soffit Insulation.
Scope of Works
Bailey Mall Panels – Designing various secondary structures to support the pre-formed panels. Installing panels to an optimum point before sizing various turn out panels for individual manufacturing. Forming facetted panels to curved small design.
HV Cable Enclosure – Inspecting test data, insisting on additional fire testing(to be arranged at short notice in France). Installing panels to an optimum point before sizing various turn out panels for individual manufacturing.
Sto Silent – Maintaining correct site conditions for spray application. Interfacing Sto ceiling with pre-formed steel lighting troughs to a curved mall.