Originally built in 1878, the building now referred to as China Works, was originally the Royal Doulton factory and showrooms on the south bank of the River Thames. The Grade II listed building is an outstanding example of High Victorian Gothic Architecture with a wealth of exuberant features.
Under this project the building has undergone a complete refurbishment of the common parts, including stripping back the layers of old infrastructure and replacing with future proof connectivity, remodelling all of the building WC’s and tea points and giving the building a fresh look and identity. A new lift, meeting rooms and break-out areas have been formed whilst the existing car park area has been remodelled to provide new entrance, café and co-working space. A number of units have also been refurbished in conjunction with the main works. For the duration of the works the building was fully operational and had occupancy levels in excess of 90%.