The works to the Blackpool Tower Ballroom Proscenium Arch were carried out over the course of 5 months. The works included surveys, removing section of the proscenium arch, the installation of new steel works, re-securing the plasterwork to the new steel works, and re-painting, guilding and consolidating the murals that access allowed. Hayles and Howe operated as main contractor and had to carry out all the works during night shifts in order to allow for the ballroom to remain open. Post these works, we commence on site for the Ceiling repairs. These works included surveys, installation of new steel walkways in voids, consolidation to the murals, removal of timber, decorative replacements to match existing.
Scope of Works
Scope of works for the Proscenium Arch:
• Removing section of the proscenium arch.
• Installation of new steel works.
• Re-securing the plasterwork to the new steel works.
• Guilding and consolidating the murals that access allowed.
• Re-securing of the main structure.
• Treatment of the plasterwork.
• Many decorative finishes.
Scope of works for the Ceiling repairs:
• Installation of new steel walkways in voids
• Consolidation to the murals
• Removal of timber
• Decorative replacements to match existing