Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme - what you need to make a claim
Following the announcement from HMRC that the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme claims portal will open on 20 April, we now have details of what each claimant will need to know/have before starting.
In order to claim, you will need:
- A Government Gateway ID and password – if you don’t already have a gateway account apply online now by going to GOV.UK and searching for HMRC services: sign in or register.
- You need to be enrolled for PAYE online – if you aren’t registered yet go to GOV.UK and search PAYE Online for employers
- For every employee you will be claiming for you will need
- NIC Number
- Claim period and claim amount
- PAYE / employee number (optional )
If you have fewer than 100 furloughed staff you will need to input the information directly into the system for each employee
If you have more than 100 furloughed staff you will be able to upload a file -.xis .xisx .csv .ods are acceptable
If you want an agent to act for you, they need to be authorised to act for you on PAYE matters and claim using their own ID and password.
You will need to tell your agent which UK bank account you want the grant paid into if you are to get the money quickly.
We recommend that you get all the above information together now; prepare a spreadsheet that you can copy type from so that you know what you are doing.