CITB-registered employers can now receive an additional £2,000 on top of the existing grant (£2,500 per year for attendance and £3,500 for achievement) for Dry Lining Apprenticeships that started from 1 April 2022 onwards. This is applicable for employers in each of the home nations.
- £1,000 paid with first quarterly attendance payment (13 weeks),
- £1,000 paid with the final quarterly attendance payment.
Your apprentice must complete 13 weeks of the apprenticeship before there is entitlement to the first £1,000 increase. A maximum drylining increase of £2,000 is payable per apprentice.
In instances where apprentices change employers:
- The first £1,000 grant is paid to the employer with which the apprentice first completes 13 weeks of their apprenticeship.
- The final £1,000 grant is paid to the employer with which the apprentice completes their attendance.
You must use an approved apprenticeship provider that is on the Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers: Download the Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers (RoATP) (education.gov.uk)
How to apply for the Grant
If CITB are your Apprenticeship provider, your dedicated Apprenticeship Officer will help you complete your application correctly. If they receive your application within 20 weeks of the start date of the apprenticeship, they will begin making your grant payments, backdated to this start date. The attendance grant will be paid automatically every 13 weeks.
If CITB are not your apprenticeship provider, you will need to complete an application form. Download and save the 2022-2023 Apprenticeship Attendance Grant application (Excel, 207KB) and ensure you complete all sections before submitting.
Please note: Use Chrome or Firefox to download the application. CITB recommend that you do not use Internet Explorer as you may have problems downloading.
You must provide evidence from your college or training provider that your apprentice is registered onto an approved apprenticeship programme. This evidence must be provided from the college or training provider on either their headed paper or from their email address and it must contain the following information:
- The full name of the apprentice.
- The full apprenticeship standard course title and level including the pathway if applicable.
- The apprentice’s start date with the college or training provider.
Evidence directly from an employer, certificates or unit credit reports are not acceptable evidence.
Send your completed application and supporting evidence as detailed above to Customer.servicesYNET@citb.co.uk.