The deadline for applying for the incentive payment has been extended until 20 May 2022.
Employers who hired a new apprentice between 01 October 2021 and 31 January 2022 who had an apprenticeship start date between 01 October 2021 and 31 March 2022, could be eligible for the £3,000 incentive payment for hiring a new apprentice. To receive the payment, employers must submit an application for each eligible apprentice using their apprenticeship service account.
For more support with employer applications please see:
- how to apply guide including when to apply, steps to take before applying, how to apply and what happens after applying.
- guidance page including eligibility, how the payment can be used and when payments are made.
- how to apply video including a walkthrough of the steps to take within the Apprenticeship service: https://youtu.be/HQJjjAzXO7k
When applying for the incentive payment for hiring a new apprentice, employers must make sure they have:
- added the correct PAYE schemes, that they use to pay their apprentices, to their apprenticeship service account, in line with the service terms and conditions
- only applied for eligible apprentices and they have documentation which can validate their claim, as listed in the apprenticeship funding rules
- checked their training provider has the correct National Insurance Number for each of their apprentices, and that they have included this in their funding submissions
If the information is incorrect, this will delay incentive payments.
If you need any further information please call FIS on 0121 707 0077 or email email@example.com