Proposed revision of BS8000-8 Workmanship on construction sites – Part 8: Design and installation of dry lining systems – Code of Practice
You are invited to comment on the proposed changes to this British Standard which was last published in 1994, which along with BS8212:1995 Code of practice for dry lining and partitioning using gypsum plasterboard they provide guidance and tolerance used in the specification and inspection of drylining.
The purpose of BS 8000-8 is to encourage good design and workmanship by providing:
- guidance for designers on the selection of systems;
- guidance for installers on the correct sequence and method of installation; and
- updated tolerances reflecting use and material installation and methods of measurement.
This is a full revision of the standard, and introduces the following principal changes:
- clarification of tolerances;
- advice when installing dry lining to SFS frames;
- testing of dry lining systems; and
- expansion of relevant performance requirements.
You are welcome to review the draft and to comment upon it if you wish. The draft can be accessed at https://standardsdevelopment.bsigroup.com/projects/2018-01823#/section
The document is available for review until 27 October.
FIS held an online meeting on 7 September to discuss the proposed changes – a recording is available here.