Calling all apprentices, employers, ambassadors and individuals who champion apprenticeships… the National Apprenticeship Awards 2021 will be open for entries from 5 July to 28 July 2021. It is free to enter the awards, and all entries must be made through the application website.
Back for their 18th year, the National Apprenticeship Awards are a fantastic opportunity to showcase the apprentices, employers and champions who have gone above and beyond, in spite of the challenges faced during the last year.
There are nine categories to recognise exceptional employers, apprentices and apprenticeship champions:
Employer of the Year categories
• SME Employer of the Year (for organisations with 1 to 249 employees)
• Large Employer of the Year (for organisations with 250 to 4,999 employees)
• Macro Employer of the Year (for organisations with 5,000+ employees)
• Recruitment Excellence (Selected from Employer of the Year award entries, and awarded to an organisation that has recruited a diverse and high quality apprenticeship workforce).
Apprentice of the Year and Apprenticeship Champion categories
• Intermediate Apprentice of the Year (level 2)
• Advanced Apprentice of the Year (level 3)
• Higher or Degree Apprentice of the Year (level 4 or higher)
• Rising Star of the Year* (Apprentices that have made impressive progress in their career to date, and have the potential to go even further. Nominations are made by their employer).
• Apprenticeship Champion of the Year (Individuals who go ‘above and beyond’ to champion apprenticeships. Nominations are made by a colleague or contact who recognises an individual’s ‘champion’ credentials).
*The Rising Star category will not include a public vote this year due to the condensed format of the awards.
Webinars to explain the awards process in more detail, including hints and tips on completing your application, will be made available on appawards.co.uk later in June.
Dates for your diary
Regional ceremonies will take place in October 2021, with the national ceremony taking place on Wednesday 1 December.
All regional winners will be recognised via virtual ceremonies, and national finalists will be invited to a ceremony in London.
Click here to find out more about the National Apprenticeship Awards 2021. In the meantime you can join the conversation on Twitter using @Apprenticeships and #AppAwards21