Nation Council Chair vacancies: Help shape the future of construction skills
CITB is seeking senior, experienced and knowledgeable industry representatives for its Nation Council Chair in England and Scotland.
The Nation Councils have an important role in supporting the CITB Board in its strategic leadership, by providing insight into industry challenges, across nations, regions and sectors and acting as a sounding board for Trustees. Applications are invited from across the industry, including SMEs, large employers, and independent consultants. The Nation Council Chair will help shape the future of construction as the industry begins to emerge from the shadow of the pandemic and adapt to new challenges, including Brexit and achieving Net Zero targets. They will:
- Capture and articulate to the Board key issues affecting or likely to affect industry;
- Assist the Board to accurately prioritise support for key issues affecting industry across Great Britain;
- Help review and advise the Board on CITB’s Business Plan to ensure that it addresses industry opportunities, pressures and priorities;
- Shape individual Nations Plans and to review performance against them; and
- Make recommendations to the Board about extraordinary matters arising that may impact on the ability of the Board to deliver the Plan.
Interested candidates should have a wealth of senior level experience in the sector and represent the voice of industry. It is essential that the Chair has a sound knowledge and understanding of both their nation and the wider construction landscape.
CITB Policy Director Stephen Radley said: “The role of Nation Council Chair is challenging and incredibly rewarding and represents the perfect opportunity for someone with industry insight and an understanding of the challenges facing the sector to make their mark. To fill the shoes of our current Chairs will be no easy task but we know the construction industry is full of incredibly talented people who I know will rise to the task.”
CITB is also recruiting independent members of its Audit and Risk, and Industry Funding committees. Anyone interested in applying for the vacancies should visit: http://sscl-innovation.com/CITBmicrosite/volunteering/