- All IA cards issued from 1 January 2020 will expire on 31 December 2024 and cannot be replaced using industry accreditation.
- This is to meet industry requirements, which state that all construction industry card schemes must operate with nationally recognised qualifications in place for all occupations.
- Tailored guidance has been developed to help cardholders replace their IA cards, depending on their occupations and qualifications, while a list of FAQs is also available.
- Those requiring a qualification do not need to attend college and enhanced CITB grants are available to support CITB-registered employers achieve recognised qualifications.
To support construction workers in obtaining the required qualification to transition from an IA card to an appropriate CSCS card, CITB has increased the grants for specific supervision and management NVQs/SVQs.
The CITB increased grants are as follows:
- Specific Supervision NVQ Diplomas/SVQs now £1,250
- Specific Management NVQ Diplomas/SVQs now £1,500
Supervision – CITB Registered Members who are up to date with their Levy can claim on Completion of the Qualification: £1,250
Level3/SCQF Level 6 in Built Environment Design
Level3/SCQF Level 6 in Construction Contracting Operations (any subcategory)
Level3/SCQF Level 6 in Occupational work Supervision (Construction)
Level3/SCQF Level 6 in Site Inspection
Level 3 in Surveying, Property and Maintenance
Level 4/SCQF Level 7 in Construction Site Supervision
Management – CITB Registered Members who are up to date with their Levy can claim on Completion of the Qualification: £1,500
Level 6/SCQF Level 10 in Construction Site Management
Level 6/SCQF Level 9 in Built Environment Design Management
Level 6/SCQF Level 9 in Construction Contracting Operations Management (any subcategory)
Level 6 in Senior Site Inspection
Level 7/SCQF Level 11 in Construction Senior Management
FIS works with a number of training providers to help deliver NVQs/SVQs, which can be found in the FIS Membership Directory here. If you have any questions or need assistance please contact email@example.com