FIS Membership – Main Contractor
As a vertically integrated organisation, FIS helps to bring together the fit out and finishes supply chain. It provides a forum to enable main interior contractors to exchange views and information in order to address issues specific to the interiors sector.
FIS provides a wide range of benefits to all its members including:
- Promotion and publicity
- Provisions of information and advice
Our main contractor members most value the opportunity to exchange views and information in order to address issues specific to the interiors sector that they may not necessary be able to influence as individual organisations or without breaching competition regulations.
BIM4FitOut: This special interest forum was established in 2013 to address the impact of BIM on the fit-out and finishes sector. The group includes main contractors, specialist contractors and manufacturers and has been working towards ensuring your supply chain is capable of working to meeting level 2 competency.
Health and Safety: The FIS H&S group meets with representatives of the HSE on a regular basis to discuss issues specific to the sector.
Sustainability: FIS worked with main contractors to ensure the both the SKA rating and BREEAM ratings for fit-out were fit for purpose.
FIS membership is not automatic and applicants are subject to strict vetting procedures.
The main criteria for main contractor membership is that companies should:
- Have an established track record in the interiors sector
- Traded for at least two years
- Be financially stable
(Should a company not meet the above criteria, they may be eligible to register for Associate Membership – KickStart)
Code of Conduct
On being accepted into the Association, all members agree to subscribe to and abide by the terms of the FIS Code of Conduct (where applicable to your company), which establishes a minimum standard of conduct for members in order to raise and maintain industry standards.
The FIS code of conduct requires members:
- To conduct business in a manner that will reflect credit on the Association, the industry and themselves.
- To adopt and commit to the principles and practices laid down by FIS.
- To act with integrity towards others and exercise high standards of business practice and workmanship.
- To be committed to training its workforce.
- To ensure that they are conversant with and adhere to the relevant current British, European and International Standards and other relevant technical standards, regulations and practices.
- In so far as they are able, to ensure that their products or systems are tested and/or comply with the recognised standards specified by the client or statutory authorities.
- Not knowingly mislead others by fact or implication as to the performance of their products or systems.
- To hold required levels of statutory or appropriate insurance.
- To operate an effective health and safety policy and have a current health and safety policy statement.
- To keep records of all RIDDOR reportable accidents and provide annual accident statistics to FIS.
- To have and implement an appropriate environmental policy statement.
- To display wherever practical the FIS Accredited Member Logo or FIS Associate Member Logo (as applicable) on its premises, website, business stationery and brochures and make this Code of Practice available for inspection.
under £10m turnover – £950 + VAT = £1140
over £10m turnover – £1325 + VAT = £1590
What our members say...
‘Our clients love working with us, many of them returning as repeat customers. Working hard we achieved accreditation as a contractor within CHAS we also wanted to join FIS to promote our business through the FIS accreditation too.’
Sylwester Raczynski, SBR Refurbishments Ltd
‘We decided to join the FIS to show clients we are a genuine, honest company who wants to install quality installations that are safe by following the best practice guides. Plus, with the various types of help the FIS provides, it is a comfort to know there is always someone or somewhere to go to get advice.’
Neil Blunsten Pirin Projects Ltd