The #iBuiltThis2017 competition closed for entries last week, allowing the website to switch to voting mode. Many votes were cast for all entries across the three age categories over the four-day period, which ended at 11.59pm on Sunday 1 October.
The UK public identified their favourite images, providing three clear finalists for each of the categories to go forward to the judging stage.
Our Judging Panel comprises:
- Amanda Clack, RICS President
- Mark Famer, CEO of Cast Consultancy
- Brendan Williams, Founder and CEO of Building Heroes
- Steve Coley, FIS President
- Steve Neilson, Managing Director of Worksmart Contracts Ltd
- Wyn Prichard, Director of Construction Skills and Business Strategy, NPTC Group
- Jack Parsons, CEO of Yourfeed.com.
The Judges now have the task of deciding the winner from each of the below categories:
13 Years and Under
- Kendrick Long for his project New Three Little Pigs
- Evie Van Rensburg for her project My Dinky Fan
- Thomas Horner for his project My Scaffold Bed Bunks
- Emily Ash for her project Wall and Cavity Synoptic Testing
- Amer Saeed Cheema for his project My Dream House Build
- Joseph Horner for his project Whole House Renovation
19 Years and Over
- Carwyn Jones for his project The Dragons Eye
- Luke Neville for his project The Great Wall Build
- James Horner for his project An Epic Shed
We are delighted that George Clarke, Architect and host of Channel 4’s ‘George Clarke’s Amazing Spaces’ will announce the three winners live at UK Construction Week 2017 on Tuesday 10 October. To obtain your free tickets to attend the event at the Surface and Materials Show main stage between 4:45 – 5:45 pm, click on this link.
Thank you to all those who entered #iBuiltThis2017 and congratulations to the nine finalists. We look forward to hearing the winners announced!