Relevant documents for the BIM process at Level 1 and 2
Level 1 BIM
• BS 1192:2007 Collaborative production of architectural, engineering and construction information
• BS 8541-2:2011
• BS 7000-4
• ISO 12006-2:2007 Organization of information about construction works – Part 2
Level 2 BIM
http://bim-level2.org/en/standards/ provides access to these documents
- PAS 1192-5:2015: Specification for security-minded building information modelling, digital built environments and smart asset management
- BS 1192:2007 + A2:2016: Collaborative production of architectural, engineering and construction information. Code of practice
- PAS 1192-2:2013: Specification for information management for the capital/delivery phase of construction projects using building information modelling
- PAS 1192-3:2014: Specification for information management for the operational phase of assets using building information modelling (BIM)
- BS 1192-4:2014: Collaborative production of information. Fulfilling employer’s information exchange requirements using COBie. Code of practice
- BS 8536-1:2015: Briefing for design and construction. Code of practice for facilities management (Buildings infrastructure)
- BS 8536-2:2016: Briefing for design and construction. Code of practice for asset management (Linear and geographical infrastructure)
- NEW – PAS 1192-6:2018: Specification for collaborative sharing and use of structured Health and Safety information using BIM
CIC BUILDING INFORMATION MODELLING (BIM) PROTOCOL SECOND EDITION
Standard Protocol for use in projects using Building Information Models
Level 2 Convergence Reports – Read the latest reports from the Level 2 Convergence programme.
PwC BIM Benefits Methodology and Report – To evaluate the actual impact BIM deployment has on asset planning, delivery and operation, PwC were commissioned to develop a BIM Benefits Measurement Methodology (BMM).
Report: Challenges of Digitalisation in the Aerospace and Aviation Sectors – Lamb, K. (2018). Challenges of Digitalisation in the Aerospace and Aviation Sectors
Platforms – Bridging the gap between construction + manufacturing – A new report was launched today at the MTC Showcase Event: ‘Working Together: Transforming Construction’. The report ‘Platforms – Bridging the gap between construction + manufacturing’ sets out how a manufacture-led approach to construction would support commitments made by Government to improving the construction sector.
Report: Challenges of Digitalisation in the Offshore Oil and Gas Sector – Lamb, K. (2018). Challenges of Digitalisation in the Offshore Oil and Gas Sector.
Asset Information Management – Common Data Environment – UK Government BIM Working Group CDE Sub Group
Research Summary from Scoping Study – Summary of research scoping study conducted in June 2017.
NBC launch Ireland’s Digital ambition for a ‘Connected’ industry – National BIM Council’s ‘Roadmap to Digital Transition for Ireland’s Construction Industry’ published.
BSI Release PAS 185 – Smart Cities specification for data, information and asset security management launched
BSI, the business standards company, has launched a new Smart Cities specification for safeguarding data and information security in cities. PAS 185 Smart Cities – Specification for establishing and implementing a security-minded approach lists requirements for creating a framework for the security-minded management of a city.
Industrial Strategy – Building a Britain fit for the future – HM Government Industrial Strategy report, published November 2017
Delivery Platforms for Government Assets – 2017 – Delivery Platforms for Government Assets – Creating a Marketplace for Manufactured Spaces
2015 Digital Built Britain Level 3 Strategic Plan – A strategy published in 2015 setting out how we can further develop digital technology used in the construction industry and the wider built environment.
2011 BIM Working Group Strategy Paper – A report for the Government Construction Client Group
Where do I find out about events?