Aztec is a well-established North West based contractor who is undergoing a period of planned expansion supported by a full order book. They are currently looking to appoint an experienced Contracts Manager to work on general building projects mainly in the North West but also around the UK. The successful applicant will have ‘Can do’ attitude and a professional approach.
Projects will vary but are generally between £50k and £1.5m within office, industrial or retail environments.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience working for a construction business looking after a variety of projects from enquiry through to handover.
Key responsibilities and duties include:
- Estimating projects accurately and efficiently including any sub contract packages.
- Ensure all HSE requirements are complied with
- Manage programming, delivery and efficiency to ensure we meet deadlines
- Ability to write Construction phase Health & Safety plans.
- Must be computer literate with a good command of word, excel and MS Project
- Must have a proven ability to complete works on time & within agreed financial budgets.
- Must have excellent communication skills and able to liaise with clients’ representatives
- Ensure relevant information is recorded accurately including change control procedures
- Must have an eye for detail and the ability to apply common sense to ensure the highest standards of quality is delivered at all times.
You should also be able to demonstrate your knowledge and experience in the following key areas: –
- Good social skills with an ability to meet new and existing clients to discuss and advise on prospective projects.
- Able to advise and guide clients on design and build processes when planning a project.
- Have a good understanding of products and materials and able to supply various solutions to customers and discuss the benefits of recommendations
- Interpret a client’s brief, with a clear understanding of their budget and minimum requirements.
- Assist in putting together a professional fully costed proposal to be considered by the client.
- Understanding of commercial terms such as JCT etc, comfortable negotiating staged payments and additional payments for items that fall out of scope.
In addition you should:
- Have the ability to manage contractors with assistance of working supervisors, including H&S Control, permits to work, RAMS, CDM requirements
- Ideally have an extensive black book of contacts/trades from which to call upon as and when the occasion arises.
- If you have the skills and experience we are looking for or have some experience and are keen to develop your career in this sector, please forward your CV for consideration
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: Contract management: 5 years (Required)