Website Taylor Design Consultancy
an independent construction consultant group
This position is based in our Kent office, in East Malling.
Provide support in preparing & updating relevant technical information as follows:
- Drawings produced in AutoCAD format including revisions of existing drawings.
- Uploading, downloading, filing and printing of any documentation to ensure all data on file is most up to date.
- Liaising with manufacturers, suppliers and consultants for support information to enable client works to progress on site.
- Preparation of all design documentation for presentation to the client.
- Updating checklists / drawing log.
- Revising existing drawings.
An understanding of design information, following set procedures to ensure accurate auditable records are kept and turnaround times through third parties (main contractors and manufacturers) are properly managed. Awareness of quality control procedures and ensuring compliance with authorisation and approval processes both internally and externally.
Upkeep of technical literature and manufacture literature.
Develop an understanding on managing communication between Design and internal or external clients. This will include learning project management systems via extranet as provided by main contractor, i.e. Asite, 4Projects, Aconex, etc.
Understand and adhere to departmental policies, practices, procedures and standards, whilst working in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
Manage the process of internal systems for storage, reference and retrieval of design information.
Engage in self-development, as per Taylor Design Consultancy’s performance management and development framework.
Adhere to Health and Safety policies, according to Company procedures.
Assist the Design team with design quality site inspections and record/communicate observations to the Design Consultant/Client team, to reduce quality risks through design in accordance with Taylor Design Consultancy’s Quality Assurance measures.
- Fully conversant with AutoCAD.
- Efficient in the use of design software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Numerate and accurate with meticulous attention to detail.
- Logical and well organised with ability to prioritise.
- Self motivated to lead and achieve the highest levels of excellence.
- Delivery focused with passion for results.
- Positive response to pressure.
- Previous experience working in Design for a construction company, or relevant manufacturer of construction products.
- Enjoys working with people from different professional and trade backgrounds.
- Willing and able to travel, when required.
Essential and regulatory
- Relevant experience or training qualification in using CAD software.
- Degree qualification
- Experience working in a similar role
Taylor Design Consultancy is an independent construction consultant group, offering a wide range of services relating to drylining, firestopping and specialist internal fit-out.
These include system specification, associated detailing and passive fire protection advice, as well as bespoke detail development, design & installation audits, design risk management and developed works package value engineering.
Taylor Design Consultancy endeavours to ensure that dry lining and firestopping design and installation remains compliant to the system manufacturers’ information and is delivered in accordance with associated test/assessment information.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.