Fully funded NVQ level 2 site joinery offer
This offer is only available in certain geographical locations, please check below.
What's the offer?
The NVQ Level 2 Site Joinery qualification has been developed for achievement in a real workplace environment which means operatives need to be employed to undertake this qualification.
This qualification enables the operative, to demonstrate and recognise their skills, knowledge and understanding and to demonstrate their competence in a real workplace environment so they can work as a Site Joiner within the construction industry.
This is offer is open to sole traders and companies who have operatives that have 3 years of experience in the site joinery trade already. They will receive a fully funded NVQ Level 2 qualification at the end.
The offer is available on a first come first served basis.
Who is eligible for this offer?
FIS members who have operatives who are in the site joinery trade who have a minimum of three years of experience – they will receive the fully funded NVQ Level 2 qualification.
In which geographic location is the offer available?
This offer is only applicable to companies and sole traders that are registered or have their home address in the following geographical areas:
- Greater Manchester (Bolton, Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport, Tameside, Trafford, Wigan and the cities of Manchester and Salford)
- Sheffield City Region (Sheffield, Rotherham, Doncaster, Barnsley, Bolsover, Bassetlaw, Chesterfield, Derbyshire Dales, North East Derbyshire)
- York & North Yorkshire
Company/Sole Trader registered/home address must be in these areas or can be currently working in this area:
The Marches (Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin and Herefordshire)
What units are covered in the site joinery course?
What units are covered in the Site Joinery course?
- Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Setting Up and Using Transportable Cutting and Shaping Machines in the Workplace
- Maintaining Non-structural Carpentry Work in the Workplace
- Installing Second Fixing Components in the Workplace
- Installing First Fixing Components in the Workplace
- Installing Fire Resisting Timber Door Assemblies and Doorsets in the Workplace
- Erecting Structural Carcassing Components in the Workplace
What is the assessment process & how long does it take?
OSAT (On Site Assessment & Training)
The assessor will visit you between 2-4 times (in general) to collect evidence relating to the qualification you are doing. Using methods such as Observation (watching) and Questioning/Discussion they will collect what’s needed to prove your competence at your trade.
A third-party reference (Witness Testimony) can be used as another source of evidence stating the work you do on site and that you are capable of working safely.
Videos and recorded discussions are sometimes used as they are a good way of collecting substantial evidence in both practical ability and level of understanding
Your assessor will work with you to plan the assessments and methods used taking into account any of your individual needs.
The timescale between your initial induction for the course and completion varies. However, 3-4 months is a realistic time although it can be longer or even shorter depending on the candidate’s ability and availability.
On successful completion of your course you will be issued with your NVQ Level 2 certificate within six weeks. This will allow you to apply for your Blue Skilled Worker CSCS Card directly with CSCS.
Where will the assessments take place and by whom?
The continuous assessments will be done at the location of the learner’s choice which will either be at the learner’s place of employment or at their home address
FIS will be using North West Skills Academy. We will book your place once you have registered in taking up the offer.
How do I register my interest?
You can register your interest in the offer by completing the form
Our training providers will contact you to confirm your details and eligibility criteria before any bookings are made.