The FIS Skills Board met to discuss all matters related to training and qualifications last week on Thursday 17 June 2021. The board comprises volunteers from membership and meets four times a year to:
- Guide FIS in support of the sector for all types of training and qualification outcomes.
- Guide the activities of the Training Group (FISTG).
- Support innovation and promote best practice in Training Delivery.
- Support the sector to ensure sufficient skills and knowledge for a competent workforce.
- Comment on and contribute to the content of qualifications and standards for the sector.
To provide information to members the associated documents and minutes of these meeting are available to view at www.thefis.org/about-us/skills-board/
There are some vacancies for employer members, if you would like to get involved or need more information please contact George Swann, FIS Skills and training Lead via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07553 874838.